The Blake Project, the brand consultancy behind Branding Strategy Insider, delivers interactive brand education workshops and keynote speeches designed to align marketers on essential concepts in brand management and empower them to release the full potential of the brands they manage.
Advertising Agencies win new business on creative — ideas that build client businesses.
Advertising Agencies lose it on relationships.
Having shared that, account managers would be wise to consider these 10 mandates:
1. Select clients carefully. Target list.
2. Treat your client as your best new business prospect. Walk the halls.
3. Take a proprietary interest in the health of your client’s business.
4. Get agreement on strategy.
5. Give your clients ideas they didn’t ask for. Take initiative.
6. Build bridges at multiple levels. Pay attention to juniors.
7. LISTEN. Take notes. Confirm in writing. Deliver!
8. Treat the client’s money as your own. Put the client’s interest first.
9. Deal with issues, not people. Never badmouth a client.
10. Make friends with your clients. Hard to fire a friend.
Contributed to BSI by: Kenneth Roman, former Chairman of Ogilvy & Mather and author of “The King of Madison Avenue: David Ogilvy and the Making of Modern Advertising.
Sponsored By: Brand Aid