The Blake Project, the brand consultancy behind Branding Strategy Insider, delivers interactive brand education workshops and keynote speeches designed to align marketers on essential concepts in brand management and empower them to release the full potential of the brands they manage.
When evaluating the potential effectiveness of different campaign ideas, I use the following questions:
• Does the ad clearly identify your brand? Does it do so immediately and throughout the ad?
• Does the ad clearly and forcefully communicate your brand’s unique promise?
• Does the ad feature a tag line that reinforces the brand’s promise?
• Are the ad’s tone, voice, and style true to your brand’s essence and personality?
• Does the ad reinforce your brand’s identity?
• Does the ad connect with the reader on an emotional level? Does it win the reader’s heart or capture his or her imagination?
• Is there something about the ad that makes the reader admire the brand?
• Is your ad significantly different from that of your competitors? Does it look and feel different from anything else featured in the same media?
• Does the ad reinforce the positive value and values of your brand?
• Does the ad seem truly inspired?
• Is your ad so powerful that it has the potential to keep your competitors awake at night worrying about your brand?
• Is the ad persuasive?
• Could no competitor make the same claim? If you inserted a competitor’s logo in the ad, would it make no sense or be unbelievable?
• Does the ad lead the reader/viewer to believe that he or she will be better off in some way for having interacted with your brand? Does it create a more favorably perceived end-state for him or her? Does it leave a vivid picture in his or her mind?
Sponsored By: Internal Brand Education Workshops