This week Harris Interactive released the 2007 results from EquiTrend, a renowned annual brand equity study that measures and compares over 1,000 brands across 39 categories.
Among the brands included in this study, there are six brands that stand above all others:
• Hershey Kisses Chocolate Candy has achieved the highest overall “Brand Equity” score (79.5) as well as the highest “Overall Relevance” score (77.2) among all 1,120 brands measured.
• Coca Cola and Heinz Ketchup both scored 98 percent “Familiarity” rating among respondents, the highest of all brands measured.
• St. Jude’s Research Hospital was noted as having the highest quality score with an 8.54 out of possible 10.
• Kraft Foods, Inc. has captured the highest “Purchase Consideration” among brands measured with a score of 8.55 out of a possible 10.
• Craftsman Tools appears to have earned the attention of consumers and gained the highest score for both “Brand Expectations” (7.65) and “Trust “(8.55).
• Bentley Automobiles seems to have set itself apart not only among automotive brands but among all 1,120 brands measured as it scored the highest rating for “Distinctiveness” (7.61).
“These brands are to be commended for not only have they made themselves known – they’ve made their brands relevant to their consumers,” said Carol Gstalder, Senior Vice President, Brand & Strategy Consulting Practice, Harris Interactive. “They have created consumer expectations for a positive experience with their brands, and most importantly, they’ve delivered on that brand promise.”
EquiTrend provides insight on all 1,120 brands included in the survey based on six base measures, including: Familiarity, Quality, Purchase Consideration, Brand Expectations, Distinctiveness and Trust. From these base measures “Brand Equity” and “Overall Relevance” are calculated for each brand (See the methodology for details).
EquiTrend has been designed to be a concise and efficient way to measure the bonds that exist between the consumer and brands. Key measures help determine a brand’s stance among its competitors, within other categories, and in comparison to world-class brands overall. Brands that utilize EquiTrend are also able to break down results to understand their brand measures by various audience segments including such segments as influentials and teens.
• The EquiTrend study is a brand equity study conducted online once yearly by Harris Interactive.